Sunday, April 02, 2006

Coming to Portland: Mother Talk (and More!)


Andrea Buchanan’s newest anthology It’s a Girl is finally out, and is she ever beautiful! I’ve been itching to get my paws on this beautiful, pink baby, and it’s worth every minute of the wait (and I’m not just biased because it includes a piece by me).

In celebration of the book’s launch, there will be two fabulous events in Portland: On Tuesday, April 18, at 7:00 p.m., two other contributors to the book (Jennifer Margulis and Jennifer Lauck) and I will be reading at In Other Words feminist bookstore, at the store’s new location: 8 N.E. Killingworth Street. We’ll also be talking with the mamas in attendance about motherhood in general, mothering daughters (as well as sons), and whatever else comes up!

The next night, Wednesday, April 19, there will be a Mother Talk salon here in the city, at the house of one of my closest friends. The two Jennifers and I will also be there, along with Ashland contributor Emily Alexander Strong (another Strong woman with a desire to raise a Strong daughter), who is driving up for the event. “Mother Talk” is an old-fashioned literary salon with good food, good company, and good conversation. (NOTE: Conversation will not be limited to discussions about mothering daughters; the company of mothers with sons is also coveted.) E-mail me for additional information if you’d like to attend.

Portland area women and mamas, I hope to see you there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home