Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Moms Are Getting Fed Up with the Iraq War -- and Rightly So. Part One.


From Mona Gable's blog post, "Bush: Stop Telling Families with Kids in Iraq "You Understand"! at The Huffington Post:

A few days after 11 American soldiers were killed in Iraq, I opened the mailbox to find along with the Pottery Barn holiday catalogue and other seasonal items a letter from the National Guard. Addressed to my 16-year-old son. I have no idea how they got his name and address. That's not true.

I know perfectly well how they got it. They got it the same way Bush is getting personal information about the rest of us in the guise of fighting "the terrorists." They tapped into some secret database and up popped my son's name. It was right there under the category: Potential Cannon Fodder for Iraq....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home