Wednesday, March 28, 2007

"I Know That He Is Jiving, Whatever Men May Say..."


In honor of Easter, I'm re-posting my favorite entry from last year (because its content will never cease to amuse me):

Last week, our kindergartener Eugenia made this masterpiece in her Sunday school class at the Quaker meeting we’ve been attending. It is a cross that is decorated with foam Easter lilies and has (like all great artwork) a hole in the middle for hanging over a doorknob. This luminous work of genius (pronounced by my husband to be our most cherished family heirloom) would say ‘He Lives’ but for a brilliantly placed, backwards ‘L’: settling, once and for all, the age-old question about Jesus: “Does he, or doesn't he?”

3 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

Oh my gosh...just looking at that makes my heart feel so happy! Because I think that he jives and he wants us to, too.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Loved this the first time and again now.

He totally jives.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Nanette Campos said...

Wow. Out of the mouth of babes. Or should I say, from the pen of babes?? Either way, He jives. He jives, he jives, he jives.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home