Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Weekend with the Strongs

A Saturday afternoon conversation.

Seven-year-old Eugenia (cracking pistachios): What fun thing are we going to do today?

Me (typing on the computer): You're looking at it.

Eugenia (disgusted): You mean, being bored, with nothing to do?

Me: Welcome to life.

Eugenia (sarcastically): What fun!

Craig (to Eugenia): Wow! Great attitude, sweetie!

* * *

Craig and I arrive at the movie theater before the box office opens on Friday night and have to spend six minutes in line together.

Craig (after the box office finally opens): That was the longest six minutes of my life!

Me: I'm sorry.

Craig: ...

Me: Isn't it interesting, the things you can get away with saying after you're married that you really can't say when you're dating?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Erin said...

So true!

5:29 PM  
Blogger tracey said...

Should I laugh or cry?

Amazing is a good word for it I guess.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous melody said...

OMG, you and husband actually SPOKE to one another during a six minute lull? We usually just stare blankly and enjoy the non-verbalization.
I love marriage.

11:58 AM  
Blogger CraigStrong said...

It was my choice of movies and I don't remember you saying "I'm sorry."

But thank you.

11:15 AM  
Blogger ShariMacD said...

I think it was more like, "I'm SORRY?" with daggers coming from my eyes.

But you're welcome.

11:36 AM  
Blogger CraigStrong said...

In that case, THANK YOU.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Jenny Rough said...

Ha ha. About a week after getting engaged my now-husband whipped out a coupon for a restaurant we went to all the time and said, "Now I can use this!"

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home