Monday, June 25, 2007

New Zen: Thoughts on Turning 40

More new Zen, baby. All about my birthday weekend. I'm getting ooooooold, my sistas and brothas.

My children's beloved former nanny showed up with a bottle of wine branded "Jezebel." Later in the evening, while my two regular babysitters poured shots of Wild Turkey down their throats, the rest of us (mostly moms who had to get up early the next morning) shouted in horror and admiration.

"You have great friends," they all said to me, one after the other. "Let's do this for your birthday every year!" By Shari MacDonald Strong.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A. I'm not certain, reading this account, if I am relieved that I was too shy to come up for your party, or if I am disappointed. Shots of Wild Turkey?? I was envisioning a sedate session of toenail-painting accompanied by a little wicked champagne-imbibing. I think I missed out!

B. You are officially 40 now, hon, so you must change the bit on your main page that describes you as 30-something!!

-Kimmo

2:31 PM  
Blogger ShariMacD said...

A. Ah, but Kimmo, you were there in spirit! (Not ALL my dearest girlfriends were there, but it was a nice showing... One of these years, I'll have the real blowout that everyone must attend. Even shy you and your bearhug of a hubby!)

B. Just try to make me! Hahahaha!

8:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Happy Birthday Shari!

Glad you ahve good friends to celebrate with.

11:35 AM  
Blogger ShariMacD said...

Thanks, Michelle! Wish you were close enough that you could have come, too! I would have loved to have you there. :)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home