Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Admission of What I've Long Suspected

Last week, Eugenia asked, "What's a Drama Queen?"

Well, um. Yes. It took all my self control not to say, "YOU ARE!" Eugenia is seven-going-on-fourteen. I am, apparently, forty-going-on-three.

In any case, the other night I was trying to get the kids inside and ready for dinner, and she kept arguing with me about every little thing. Finally, in exasperation, I said, "Eugenia, come ON. I don't want to argue about this. Why do you have to make everything so hard?"

Eug glared at me. "I don't have to make everything so hard," she told me, sounding dumbfounded that I was idiotic enough to miss the obvious. "I choose to make everything so hard."

Ah, well. Just so we're clear.

(It took all my self-control not to die laughing.)



Is that kid awesome, or what?! Drives me a little crazy at times, but lordy, how I love her strength!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home