Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Praying for Sheetrock


Stephanie found Chocobacon!

In other news, the remodel is a-happening, and we're in hell. If you ever consider working, going to school, remodeling your house (and moving out while the remodel happens), and parenting simultaneously . . . just . . . don't. Seriously. The good news is, the house is now getting bigger instead of smaller. Here's a link to the beauteousness that is our future home, complete with audio commentary by the three smallest crazy people in our family, courtesy my sexy photo/audio nerd/artist husband:

http://strongphotography.com/misc/remodel/vids/FootLapseSmallSV.mov

P.S. Praying for (meditating for? holding our breath for?) Sheetrock is what we're more or less doing (sheetrocking starts next week) but also the title of a book I haven't yet read, by a woman (Melissa Fay Greene) whose book about orphans and motherhood and Ethiopia (There Is No Me Without You) I am reading and loving (and crying over) right now. (Thank you, Jennifer!) Go out and buy it, immediately! I command thee! Okay, I don't really command anybody, anything. But I do highly recommend it!

P.P.S. Did I mention that Stephanie found Chocobacon!?


5 Comments:

Blogger stephy said...

The documentation of the construction is the coolest frickin thing I've seen since - chocobacon? I can't wait to show the clip to David. I love the commentary so much. And I love the smell of sheetrock - is that really weird?

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Erin L said...

Oh man, that was awesome! The commentary was priceless! I have a party to attend in your neck of the woods tomorrow so I thought I'd sneak a peek. Craig is a genius! That is so cool! I can't wait to see the end result. Much love to all.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Oh. My. We finished our remodel 2 years ago and when I see pictures like yours I just flash right back. Courage!!

And when you can, read Praying for Sheetrock because it is gorgeous.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Way over priceless

1:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Okay...chocobacon is just wrong. I love chocolate. I enjoy bacon. But together?? My arteries are hardening just thinking of it.

7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home