Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Powell's on Hawthorne. Thursday 5/29. Be There.


Oh, yeah. I'm a proud mama. My newest baby is here: this one with pages instead of yummy little toes and fingers to nibble. Oh, but it is delicious! If you're in the Portland area, come on out to Powell's Books on Hawthorne (note: that's the Hawthorne location, not downtown) this Thursday night, May 29, to hear me -- and several of the book's brilliant contributors -- read from The Maternal Is Political: Women Writers at the Intersection of Motherhood and Social Change. Mamas, unite!

UPDATE: I'm not terribly experienced at speaking to groups. But I don't feel nervous, because I know I will never be as bad as this:

6 Comments:

Blogger stephy said...

OH WOW! congratulations!!

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Erin said...

Shari- I'm so sorry to have missed it. I hope it was fabulous! You're going on a book tour! That's so great!Congrats.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous anndouglas said...

I just received my copy of the book and I am so proud of you I could scream or cry or do cartwheels. (Well, everything but the last thing. I could never do cartwheels.) The book is awesome. Thank you for giving me the privilege of being part of it.

Ann

5:58 PM  
Blogger KrisUnderwood said...

I just got a copy of the book and am recommending it to every mama, every person, I know.
It's such a necessary book!
I'll be reviewing it as part of the MotherTalk tour next week.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Heather.PNR said...

I just finished reading the book and loved it. Of all the strong essays, yours was the one that made me cry. I have a toddler son and it expressed so much of what I'm feeling right now. Congratulations on putting together a fantastic book!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

Congrats on your book Shari! I hope it is doing well, and that you are having an excellent summer!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home