Wednesday, July 16, 2008

An Afternoon Conversation

Me: I love Word Girl! I think it's my new favorite show.

Eugenia: What about SpongeBob?

Will: What about Plankton?

Me: Well, yeah. I'll always love SpongeBob. And Plankton makes me laugh more than just about anyone.

Will: Does that mean you're going to marry him?

Me: No. I already married the person I want to marry.

Macky: Mama, why did you marry Papa?

Me: Because he was sweet and funny and smart and handsome and he treated me really well, and he's my best friend in the world. And I liked being with him more than anybody.

(Dirty looks from all three kids.)

Me: That's before I met all of you. Now, I like being with all of you, more than anybody.

Macky: Do you like him more than meeeee?

Me: I already said: I like all of you.

(Pause.)

Macky (sounding kind of disgusted): Just say "No."

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen Lee said...

Word Girl is my daughters' favorite show. "Word" and "Girl" were almost Lucy's first words. That show rocks.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Michelle O'Neil said...

My kids love Word Girl too. My favorite is Lady Redundant Woman.

Macky is too funny.

What a nice little tribute to the hubs!

6:50 PM  
Anonymous waiter said...

Thanks for the great intresting blog. I enjoy it.

5:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home